Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Week 6 reading #2

My reaction to: The Perils and Pitfalls of Wikipedia

This explains why there is a bit of a controversy surrounding the use of Wikipedia as a resource. There are some good arguments to its validity given that anyone can fix an inaccuracy. There are some good arguments to its invalidity given that anyone can add inaccuracy.

Lets face it, you will never find a source written by any human being, and inspired by a human being, that is not subject to inaccuracies. I myself trust and use Wikipedia as a valuable source of information. I have no qualms about recommending it to students. I have not yet found information to be false. I think that given the high publicity of some inaccuracies proves that Wikipedia works and is a reputable source.

No comments: