Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Reading #8

When the BOOK? When the Net?

What a great evaluation on Internet research from the trenches. I agree with much of what he has said. Stick me into a library any day. With a good book I can find the kind and quality of information that indeed fast. The Internet is like a treasure hunt with rich maps and poor treasure.

My balance argument is this: if you know how to use the Internet it can unlock lots of good material. The problem is that you kind of due have to have advanced searching skills and a real sense about what to look for, and when you find information you have to sort through it differently. What I d think is that the authors experience is what most people, even those who often use the net, experience. In the end, you need searching and evaluation tools and skills, and you just need to get a good old book now and then.

No comments: